Sunday, July 15, 2012

Getting Closer

We are getting closer and closer to becoming parents ever day.  Tomorrow is our first of many appointments in Indianapolis over the next month and a half.  Today I am excited, confident and ready to get this started.  On the drive over tomorrow I am sure I will be nervous, anxious and sick to my stomach.  It drives Matt a little crazy, but he is a good sport and comforts me when I need it the most.  He never shows it, but I know deep down he must feel the same way.

So what has happened in the 3 weeks since my last post, you ask?

I have been on birth control (Loestrin FE) for a month now.  I hate it.  I have been spotting/bleeding for over a week.  I am so exhausted that I fell asleep sitting in a hard plastic chair at an auction yesterday.  My mood swings are almost out of control.  And acne...32 years old with acne.  Ridiculous.

On Thursday Matt and I had our infectious disease testing done.  Due to our (his really) work schedule he had to go to one lab and I went to another.  He was stuck at least 4 times and almost passed out.  I was stuck only once and made it back to work in less than 30 minutes.  Men are wimps.

Also last week I ordered my long list of medication.  Four of these had to be ordered though a speciality pharmacy called Triessent in order for my insurance to cover them.  Of course, they are the 4 most outrageously expensive medications I have ever been prescribed.

1) Menopur with Qcap 75IU (20 vials)
2) Follistim AQ 300IU (5 cartridges)
3) Lupron 2.8mL 1mg/0.2mL (2 amps)
4) Novarel 10,000IU (1 vial)

Together, without insurance these would cost about $5,000.  Less with my insurance of course, but I have yet to know the total cost.  Lets just say that my deductible will be met with that purchase.

The rest I purchased at the pharmacy in the clinic where I work.  They totaled about $75.

1) Progesterone in Oil 50mg/mL (2 vials)
2) Doxycycline 100mg (50 pills)
3) 3mL syringes with 22g 1 1/2" needle (quantity of 50)
4) Needles 25g 1 1/2" (quantity of 2)
5) Needles 27g 1/2" (quantity of 15)

Fun, fun, huh?  Instead of a summer filled with boating, swimming, and weekend getaways we get the summer of injections, mood swings, and in-vitro fertilization.  But all of the pain, the stress, and the (I'm sure there will be) tears will be forgotten if at the end of our journey we have a little Fry.  I cannot wait to be mother.  But I especially can't wait to see what an amazing father Matt will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment