Saturday, July 9, 2011

Clomid

Today I started my first (hopefully only) round of Clomid. I was warned of the side effects; upset stomach and hotflashes. So far, so good. But, I only took it an hour ago.

These things I am used to. I have been taking Glucophage (since I am diabetic) for a year now and I have had an upset stomach pretty much every day since. I also have hotflashes every now and then. Once, I got so hot and sweaty in the morning while getting ready for work that in a fit of womenly craziness, I went and got my hair chopped off.

It is what I read last night on WebMD that is freaking me out a bit...Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS). This causes fluid to suddenly build up in the stomach, chest, and heart area. It's supposedly very rare for this to happen. But with my luck...

I would take that risk every day though just to have a little Maryn (my favorite girl name) or Nolan (my favorite boy name) sleeping in my arms someday.

Our journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment